About Us

About Us

aboutThere are several good sources of information on the area, and these can be valuable to know when planning a great visit.  Whether you are looking for a firewood permit or a place to stay, these resources should be helpful in your research.

More than likely you will find almost all the information you need regarding where to stay, what to see and do while visiting, right here on this website.  You may also contact the Escalante/Boulder Chamber representative with questions via email: escalanteutah@gmail.com . However, there are so many different federal and state agencies represented in the area it might be helpful to give you basic information and contacts for these resources.  Fortunately most are found at the same place!

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) manages the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and is host to the new interpretive center.  This building, located in Escalante, is also the administrative offices for the National Park Service and National Forest Service. The Park Service manages a large portion of the Escalante River and the side drainage's that flow into Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Lake Powell). The Forest Service manages all the land north of both towns including the entire Aquarius Plateau and much more. Questions for any of these agencies should be directed to the front desk at the inter-agency building. The visitors/interpretive center has a visitors information desk on-site that can provide basic details on permit requirements, current road and trail conditions as well as fire or other restrictions. The phone number for the Escalante Interagency Visitors Center is 435-826-5499, the website address is www.escalante_interagency@blm.gov. It is a good idea for people visiting, to stop in to check out the new complex and get some information on the area. They are glad to help you enjoy a safe outdoor experience.

Garfield County Travel Counsel 1 435 676 1102

Another great resource with a lot of good information on the area.

Garfield County Sheriff’s Office 1 435 676 2678

Good people ready to assist in an emergency.

Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT)  1 866 511 8824

24hr Statewide road report.

Escalante City Offices  1 435 826 4644

Directing calls to appropriate city departments.

Chamber of Commerce By-Laws


Translate »
Website Apps