Current Board Members
SECTION 1 - NAME
This organization is incorporated as a not-for-profit under the laws of the State of Utah, and shall be known as the Escalante Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
SECTION 2 - LEGAL STATUS
The Escalante Chamber of Commerce, Inc. shall observe all local, state and federal laws which apply to a non-profit organization. The Escalante Chamber of Commerce shall, at times, be called the Escalante-Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
SECTION 3 - MISSION STATEMENT
The Escalante-Boulder Chamber of Commerce is a coalition of businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals with a mission of promoting the compatible economic growth/development of its businesses; and well-being of the community. And doing so in the spirit of honoring the heritage of the community’s past.
SECTION 4 - STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
1. To act and operate exclusively as a nonprofit corporation pursuant to the laws of the State of Utah, and to act and operate as a charitable organization in lessening the burdens of government, providing relief of the poor and distressed or under-privileged, and promoting social welfare by reducing unemployment through economic development. Provide advancement of education to foster social action and advocate for under-represented populations.
2. To engage in any and all activities and pursuits, and to support or assist such other organizations, as may be reasonably related to the foregoing and following purposes.
3. To engage in any and all other lawful purposes, activities and pursuits, which are substantially similar to the foregoing and which are or may hereafter be authorized by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are consistent with those powers described in the Utah Nonprofit Corporation and Cooperation Association Act, as amended and supplemented.
4. To solicit and receive contributions, purchase, own and sell real and personal property, to make contracts, to invest corporate funds, to spend corporate funds for corporate purposes, and to engage in any activity "in furtherance of, incidental to, or connected with any of the other purposes."
5. No part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to, its members, trustees, officers, or other persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered to the corporation and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth herein;
6. No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office except as authorized under the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended;
7. The corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by a corporation exempt from Federal income tax under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law).
SECTION 5 - DEFINITIONS
Wherever the following words are used in these by-laws, they shall have the following meaning:
“Chamber” or “Chamber of Commerce” means Escalante-Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
“Board” of “Board of Directors” means the Board of Directors of the Escalante-Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
“Member” means an entity that meets the requirements of Article II Section I.
“City” means both Escalante and Boulder Cities; Escalante City will be defined as such, as will Boulder City.
“Employee” means owner(s) of business or any person(s) on payroll.